Think I can knit all of this AND run 100 miles before April Fool’s Day? It will sure be fun to try (and I’ll have an excellent excuse to buy new yarn… this is pretty much everything in the closet).
1. Enough Webs Garage Sale 2/4 Highland Tweed in Topaz to make myself a Samus.
2. 6 skeins of Lion Cotton Ease in discontinued Lavender that will become matching spring sweaters (still deciding on a pattern) for the girlies.
3. Enough Bernat Cotton-Tots in Turquoise to finish a Pinwheel Blanket for a friend’s baby boy due in mid-April.
4. 2 skeins of Dale of Norway Hauk – 1 Black 1 Natural , to make my husband a pair of fingerless gloves in some sort of fair isle design ( any suggestions?).
5. 1 hank Knitpicks Alpaca Cloud in Midnight to make the Swallowtail Shawl from IK Fall ’06 for my husband’s step-mom. She plays clarinet for the San Francisco Opera and needs elegant, black, warmth… I love having someone to knit shawls for!
6 .1 ball Rowan Kidsilk Haze in slatey blue (sorry lost the ball band) and 1 ball Berocco Hip Hop in complimentary blue/cream to make my mother-in-law Loopy.
7. Enough Plymouth Wildflowers DK Cotton in an army green (again with the lost ball bands) to make a pair of anklets.
8. Leftover Knitpicks Sierra in Cranberry and some pink Lamb’s Pride to make a pair of felted house slippers from Knit 2 Together.
9. A discount skein of random but nicely colored (sort of cinnamon and pink and cream) acrylic (yep, ball band is gone so no idea who made it, yardage, etc) that I thought would be fun to use experimenting making two socks at the same time (if I get completely frustrated I can throw it away and not feel bad).
10. Enough leftover hand spun superwash merino in a wine color that my mother in law gave me about 3 years ago to make a pair of voodoo wristwarmers for myself. DONE!
11. Lots and lots of Cascade 220 in a leafy green color… I’m confident it’s enough to make myself Wicked and I can’t wait.
12. Almost one big ball of Lion Kitchen Cotton in Neutral that I think will be enough to make a Saturday Market Bag for a friend.
13. Three old sweaters to recycle into new ones… A chicknits cutaway I knit in an orangey Plymouth Fantasy Naurale will become a tank top ( probably a chickami), an old red cotton storebought raglan of my husband’s will become an Hourglass from Last Minute Knitted Gifts for me, and a thrifted handknit wool cardigan that I bought when I was pregnant for $1 but no longer fits ,will be reinvented as a Sunrise Circle Jacket also for me.
Whew… that’s a lot. But many of the projects are small ones. And I can definitely see that the majority of projects I’d planned for myself got shelved (literally) last year. That’s due in large part to the whole big belly thing, but now that the little miss is here and the flab is being run a go go’ed off, it’s time to knit for myself for a change!